As much as I despise the treason committed by the soldier who downloaded classified information with the intent of disseminating to our enemies and the world, I am in awe of the implications of the Wikileaks phenomena and what it means to the world. Not only have our diplomatic, strategic and historical records been divulged, but now there’s a corporate tilt to it. Now, Assange claims to have dirt on a major bank (seems likely to be Bank of America). Imagine if disgruntled employees and government workers worldwide are now emboldened to start stealing and sharing internal documents, intellectual property, corporate strategies, design ideas and anything else they can get their hands on. Now, that’s a real world-flattener. There’s no shortage of ideologues out there, so who knows what this movement will evolve into. That aside, some great reads in the world of personal finance and investing. Oh, and we’re getting to that time of year! Make sure you check out these Year-End Financial Tips and Tricks to hit before the clock stops. Here we go:
Some Yakezie (Full List):
Wealth Pilgrim – Separately Managed Accounts – A Terrible Alternative. Here’s Why.
Consumerism Commentary – Body Parts You Can Sell
Financial Samurai – Open Enrollment: You Might Die An Expensive Death So Sign-up Now
Budgeting the Fun Stuff - Fit in a Fun Friday – Holiday Decorations
Free From Broke – LIFE Has A Way Of Screwing Up Budgets
Invest it Wisely – Book Review: The Great Credit Contraction
Investor Junkie – Financial Literacy and Mortgage Delinquency
MoneyCrush – 7 Ways Being Debt-Free Will Change Your Life
Stuff I Wrote All Over the Place:
- The Myth of the Massive Retirement Nest Egg
- The ‘New Normal’ in Your Workplace and Mine
- Americans, How Do You Feel About Bailing the Whole EU? You’re About to Find Out
- Should Looks Matter in the Workforce? They Do.
- Do the Debt Doomsayers Actually WANT the US To Fail?
- $100 Bonus on Cash Back Chase Freedom Visa
- College Cheating Viral Video -The “Deal” I Would Have Offered
- 6 Reasons You Need More Emerging Markets Exposure – How to Play It
- Muni Bond Market Imploding – How to Play It
- 4 ETFs to Benefit from the World’s Nuclear Power Needs
- 3 Invisible Savings Tips That Work
- Would You Buy Off the Back of a Truck?
- Paying for Christmas Light Hanging Service? Absurd
- Renters Subsidize Homeowners with Tax Deduction? Think Again
- The Ireland Crisis and What It Means to the World