With gold touching a new high this week and Treasuries coming off their record highs, there’s no clear direction for the market, interest rates or the economy as a whole. Equities have slid sideways for weeks now and the unemployment numbers have been roughly meeting consensus (slightly below typically). There’s the typical mix of optimism in some circles and pessimism more broadly, especially amongst small business owners. The only thing that really seems to be working right now is the gold trade. Whether or not the trend continues, I make no predictions. I have a small position in GLD, nothing substantial. If you’re dipping your toe, make sure you understand the various tax consequences and the myriad other gold investment types before jumping on what may be the latest bubble.
Evolutionary Articles of the Week:
- $100 Billion Fed Purchase Equates To How Many Basis Points on Treasuries?
- Home Prices to Stagnate for a Decade??? They Just Might
- America Needs…A Payroll Tax Cut
- Asians Make the Most – Prepare to be Offended by Comment Stream
- Who Can Increase Dividends?
- Best Places to Retire
- Marital Insurance Thoughts
- 10 Ways to Lower Your Costs
- SuperFreakonomics Review
- Buy Generics?
- Work Hours Suck?
- Govt Employees Don’t Pay Their Taxes, Why Should You?
- I got Fired Survival Guide
- Can’t Live on $40K? Damn You!
- Dumb Money: 401k Withdrawals
- Wasted Money? I Think Not
- Price Gouging Is Good – Here’s Why
- FREE FICO Score Being Offered Today (The One That Matters)
- Chris Christie is a Hero and Teachers’ Union Should Be Ashamed
- Tipping Gone Wild – Is It Just Me?
- Energy Companies PAYING YOU To Conserve Energy? Here’s How
- Dividends = 43% of Total Stock Market Returns [Graphic]
- The 7 Deadly Sins of ETF Investing – Are You Guilty?
- Hottest ETFs of the Week
- Worst ETFs of 2010 – You’ll Be Surprised
- Colombia ETF Up 50% YTD – Here’s Why
- Collar Fund Review: Do Options Collars Fit The Bill?
- Calculating “Your Number”. Mine is $4.9 Million – Or Is It?
- Fantasy FootBall Can Get You Fired – Score!
- Fired Over 2 Cents. Where’s the Limit of Reason?
- Is the McMansion Dead?
- 3 Mistakes That Cost Me Thousands
- 5 Common Financial Mistakes NOT to Make Now
Hope you liked, see you next time!
Make sure to subscribe to catch all new content, deals, investment strategies and more.