I can’t believe 2011 has come to an end already. Time sure does move more quickly the older you get (all the more reason to start saving now for retirement, college and a rainy day rather than procrastinating). Anyway, it was a great year for me personally, professionally and for the blog. Here were a few formative events in my life and top blog posts of 2011, as well as enjoyable reads from around the blogosphere this week.
2011 Key Events and Posts at Darwin’s Money
- I Went to India!
- I Bought a few Real Estate Investment Properties
- Key Post: When Faith Kills – Life, death and finances
- My Kid Flooded Our Home. What Have Your Kids Done Lately?
- Voted “Best Economics Blog” (and finalist up for Most Controversial!)
- Key Post: 9% Return Guaranteed – Beat That!
- We Put in a Pool!
- I Realized my Salary Will Never Increase Again in “real” Terms. Will Yours?
- I Save 7%-12% on Tons of Everyday Items
- We went to Disney – Here’s How I Got the Best Airfare
- I Started an MBA Mondays Series – Check it Out!
Great Reads from Around the Web:
Arbor Investment highlighted the Best Blog Posts of 2011
The Burning Platform – 2011 Catch-22 Year in Review
Zero Hedge – 11 Disturbing 11-Year Trends to End 2011
Invest It Wisely – Zeitgeist 2011
Retire By 40 – On Motivation
Oblivious Investor – Vanguard’s LifeStrategy Growth Fund
101 Centavos – Centavos Portfolio Update
Financial Uproar – Is Wealth All About Luck?
Len Penzo – 10 Craziest Money Blunders of 2011