In looking back and many of my posts, tweets and comments on other blogs, I seem like a cranky bastard. Many of my writings would fall into the “complaints” category. Sure, there’s a lot to complain about right now, but my energy could be directed in a more productive manner. It’s good occasionally to step back and assess what’s important. I am gainfully employed. I have my health. I have a wonderful family. And we haven’t screwed up our finances. Life is good.
With that backdrop, since it’s been a couple weeks since my last roundup, here are several of my favorite posts from money writers around the world, as well as a recap of stuff I’ve written that you may enjoy at the end.
Business Insider – Crazy Inventor is bored of electric cars – here’s his next invention.
Five Cent Nickel – How and Why to Rollover your 401k
Lazy Man and Money – Invest in What You Know?
Bargaineering – Why Inflation is Good for You
20s Money – How to Avoid Credit Card Debt While in College
The Simple Dollar – The Family that Saves Together
Financial Highway – Your Credit Card is Not an Emergency Fund
Steadfast Finances – Should We Be ‘Hoping’ for Deflation?
Weakonomics – Where The Millionaires Live
From the Yakezie:
MTJM – 2 Year Blogging celebration – Nice Dedication
Financial Samurai – Millionaires Need Love Too Ya Know
Free From Broke – Investment Strategy For Beginner Investors
Wealth Pilgrim – Green Mutual Funds
- $100 Bonus on Cash Back Chase Freedom Visa
- 10 Dumbest Uses of Your Tax Dollars in Stimulus Bill
- Bush Tax Cuts Expiring – How This is Likely to Play Out
- Investing is All Luck Says WSJ.com – I Beg to Differ
- My Tool to Pick Between 2 Very Tough Choices (Yes, I’m a Nerd)
- Cool Tool for Estimating Your Taxes Under Obama’s New Tax Plan
- Credit Cards Transfer Wealth from Poor to Rich? Gimme a Break!
- 25 Highest Paid CEOs of the Decade – What?
- Setting Goals and Changing My Life – Metrics, Systems, Motivation, Execution
- Mortgage Rates Could Go EVEN LOWER – Here’s Why
- Can REIT ETFs Conitnue to Dominate?
- Shorting Volatility Without the Pain
- Why Bear Market Funds are Lousy Investments
- New Summer ETF Launches
- Actively Managed ETF Wins in Both Up and Down Markets
- 401K Match: Is This Employee Perk Going Away or Coming Back?
- You’re an Impulse Buyer. Blame Yourself? Or This Chemical in Your Brain?
- How Much Does it Really Cost to Move?
- Why Your Kid’s Kindergarten Teacher is Worth $320,000
- With Bleak Job Market, Should College Students Go Right to Grad School?
- Is Long-Term Care Insurance Worth It?
- Charitable Contributions – Avoid being Ripped Off
- Is a Security System Worth It? It Depends
- Elliott Wave: Dow 1,000 Here We Come?
At Complex Search :
- Should You “Double Down” on Housing Right Now?
- VAT Tax – What It Is and What it Would Mean for America