So, we survived the week in Hindenburg Omen territory and while the market didn’t exactly “light up” my portfolio, the dreaded market crash didn’t occur, nor is it any more likely over the near term than at any other time in the recent past. The market has already priced in stagnant unemployment that’s going nowhere, a pessimistic business environment where owners are afraid of the anti-biz rhetoric coming out of the White House and we may be looking deflation in the eye with 10-Year Treasuries now closing in on 2.5%, a 1950s level.
Market stuff aside, there were some great reads around the web this week, and in case you missed some articles I wrote in the recent past, I’ve included them for your perusal at the bottom. Check out the best of the web from the past 2 weeks:
Best of the Web:
Financial Highway – Comparing United States’ Credit Rating to the World [Infographic]
Tax Foundation – Illinois Tax Amnesty on the Way (Again)
fivecentnickel.com – Money and Finance Apps for Your iPhone
Free By 50 – Income vs Age
Daily Finance – Why News Corp.’s $1 Million Gift to Republicans Is No Big Deal
Five Cent Nickel – Negotiate Like a Pro
The Yakezie.com – Check it out!
Sweating The Big Stuff – 5 Main Money Gobblers
Free From Broke – 9 Ways For Students To Get Textbooks For Less
Wealth Pilgrim – Lost or Stolen Wallet? What to Do
- 401(k) Hardship Withdrawals Spiking – Rules and Alternatives
- How to Invest in Cuba – Obama Warming to Cuba Travel?
- Hindenburg Omen – Don’t Believe the Hype
- Darwin’s Portfolio – August Update
- Would You Sell 6% of Your Future Earnings for $600,000 Today?
- The Economics of Blogging – 5 Figure Side Job or Waste of Time?
- 4 Dividend ETFs Beating the S&P500 in 2010
- 6 Hottest ETFs of the Week
- 6 Ways to Protect Your Assets from Impending Deflation
- Can REIT ETFs Conitnue to Dominate?
at Darwin’s Finance:
- Who Would Make the Best Use of $Billions – Bill Gates or US Govt?
- For-Profit College Scams – Really Think Before Enrolling
- Social Security Tipping Point in 2010 – IN THE RED
- 401K Match: Is This Employee Perk Going Away or Coming Back?
- You’re an Impulse Buyer. Blame Yourself? Or This Chemical in Your Brain?
at Complex Search: