This week’s big news (aside from some basketball player I couldn’t care less about) was the shocking swap of spies between the US and Russia after revelations that the US had apprehended 10 spies that had been under surveillance for over a decade. Just when you thought the Cold War was over, this is just a reminder that it’s still on. And before you get too angry at Russia, realize that the US is conducting operations both with human assets and information surveillance in the internet age all over the globe as well. In the end, we traded their 10 spies for 4 alleged spies in Russia’s custody, some there for many years. It’s unclear what benefit any of the captured spies were able to convey to either country at this point, so the swap itself is probably inconsequential. Cold War drama aside, there were some great reads in the blogosphere (with some Yakezie in there!) during the past couple weeks and here are some favorites as well as my top recent posts by traffic and reader comments:
Random Parenting Stuff:
As a parent, I loved this article by QuickSprout: Don’t Screw Up Your Kids’ Future
Simple Dollar: Some Thoughts on DINKs
Monevator shares some insights into the Wealth Preservation Strategies of the Rich
Political Calculations shares a very interesting perspective: Texas vs California: Which State Do CEOs Think Is Better for Business?
The Mish, the eternal debt-hater (macro) always gets a plug here. Check out this Gem: Shared Sacrifice Illinois Style – 40,000 Union Workers Get 14% Pay Raises, Governor Quinn Gives Raises Averaging 11.4% to 35 Staff Members
Investor Junkie asks How Wealthy Are You?
Wealth Pilgrim shares How to Survive Bankruptcy and Foreclosure
Financial Samurai shares Three Keys To Motivation And It Has Little To Do With Money
Tax Vox: Why Taxes are Going Up
The Dividend Guy Blog shares Why Asset Allocation is Important
Roubini says Greece Must Default. I tend to agree.
Five Cent Nickel: The Effect of Baby Boomer Retirements on the Stock Market
- US Austerity Coming Says Obama – How it Will Affect You
- When Idiots Risk Their Lives and Require Rescue, Should WE Pay for It?
- Would You EVER Consider a Prenuptial Agreement Under ANY Circumstances?
- Stamp Price Increase Coming – Why to Buy FOREVER STAMPS and How to Save Money
- How I Saved 63% ($1750) on a New Stainless Steel Fridge
- 2 Income ETF Approaches: High Yield vs. Dividend Growth Rate
- Significant Factors Impacting Financials – ETF Plays to Consider
- Elliott Wave: Dow 1,000 Here We Come?
- Stolen Driver’s License? How to Protect Your Identity and Credit
- Utility Stocks are Looking Good
- Utility Stock ETF Sector Review
- Target Date Mutual Funds – Not so Good
Hope you enjoyed! If so, make sure to subscribe to my RSS.