After over a year of constant media attention and advertisements geared toward gold (It’s the End of America!, The world is crashing!, the dollar is collapsing! and so on), the real story all along has been silver. As I outlined several times along the way, (here), (here), (here) and more, silver has been outperforming gold and is more levered to a continuing weakening dollar than gold is. In blogs this week, some of the folks I follow offered the following opinions:
- Mish is taking profits in silver and moving to gold.
- Afraid to Trade doesn’t think we’ve seen a top yet.
- Key Silver ETF (SLV) Issuing even more shares.
But it’s not all about silver. There were some great reads this week from my favorite bloggers – check it out!
Around the Web:
Monevator – Synthetic ETFs to Wreak Havoc?
Oblivious Investor – Social Security Strategy for Married Couples
Simple Dollar – Personal Finance and Self-Worth
Financial Samurai – Financial Dumbasses
Zero Hedge – McDonalds just Turned down 900,000+ Applicants
Fiscal Fizzle – Why America’s in Trouble
Len Penzo – 9 Items More Expensive than Gas
Stuff I Wrote All Over the Place:
- Surviving the Graveyard Shift
- How I Hedged Summer Gas Prices with ETFs
- 4 Ways to Profit From Silver’s Explosive Growth
- Lazy Portfolios are LOSERS – Told ‘Ya So…
- 6 Alternative Investments That May Beat Stocks and Bonds Over the Next Decade
- Stop Whining About Gas Prices
- Day-Trading is a SCAM
- Half of America Pays no Taxes
- The Time vs Money Continuum
Carnivals that Featured My Content: