This week has simultaneously seen record high gold prices and record low interest rates, which is good news for homeowners and prospective buyers alike. Trouble is, the lending standards have tightened up so much and equity in homes has tanked so much that there aren’t that many people able to take advantage of the crazy low interest rates. If you can, check out this mortgage rate table. On the gold front, talk of Quantitative Easing #2 coupled with Japan’s massive unexpected announcement on easing is demonstrative a virtual race to the bottom in global currencies, which bodes well for the only true non-fiat currency – gold. With gold getting all the headlines, I wrote an article this week about gold in an IRA (which might not be the best idea I might warn), and also about other ETFs beating gold.
Enough about this week though, here are some great, informative, funny, evolutionary articles from around the web this week:
- Groupon’s Actually a PIA for Biz
- NY, NJ have highest tax burden – see your state
- Verizon Refund – Relax, it’s 2-6 bucks, but it’s the “principalities”…
- Simple Dollar – Don’t Rely on Social Security
- Toy Gun at School Ruins 7 Year Old’s Life. Zero Tolerance Gone Too Far?
- The Coolest and Easiest Way to Prevent Bedbugs from Following You Home from a Trip
- The Hilarious Hypocrisy of Lou Dobbs – Rants about Illegals While Paying Them!
- Some Fun and Funnier Facts About Gold
- Middle Class Anarchy – Playing By the Rules is Futile
Wealth Pilgrim – Buying an Existing Business – 7 Steps for Success
Financial Samurai – How To Make Six Figures A Year At Almost Any Age
Canadian Finance Blog – 3 Easy Money Making Hobbies to Boost Your Personal Finances
Sweating the Big Stuff – Illogical Debt
20’s Money – My Long-Term Investing Strategy
- Mortgage Rates Break New Records – How Low Can They Go?
- It’s Election Time – Who Owns Your Political Party?
- Economics of Blogging 2: How I Make Money Online
- You Owe $43,500 as an Indebted American. Could You Pay Your Share?
- New Construction Pricing for Upgrades – BY THE BALLS
- ATMs that Sell Gold Bars – Beyond Ridiculous
- How to Own Gold in an IRA – But Should You?
- How to Short Treasuries: With Yields this Low, Trade of the Century?
- Insane Pattern: Stocks Gain More on First Day of Month Than Rest of Month Combined
- Student Housing REIT – Perfect Combination of Yield, Stability and Price Gains
- All About Muni Bonds
- Should You Get Your Bonus When Quitting Your Job?
- Financial Advisors Keeping You in the Dark?