Not only did we see a massive reversal in voter sentiment during the 2010 midterms this week, but the same day the markets were digesting the election outcomes, the Fed announced the purchase of another $600 Billion in Treasuries in a widely anticipated QE2 announcement. Investors are already taking bets on how big QE3 will be now. Then on Thursday, Obama announced he’d be open to extending ALL tax cuts, which was a shocker. With the administration and the Fed’s eternal race to the bottom in loose money is great for stocks, people looking to refinance debt obligations and bankers, I do worry about how we’ll have to someday unscramble these eggs. If you’ve ever tried to do that, it’s not easy. Monetary and fiscal policy aside, there were some great articles around the web this week:
Random Favorite Blogs I Love
Royal Pingdom – The incredible growth of the Internet since 2000
five cent nickel – What Are Car Title Loans?
Lazy Man and Money – Time to Buy that Vacation/Retirement Place?
Get Rich Slowly – How to Save: Putting “Pay Yourself First” into Practice
The Dividend Guy Blog – Why Dividend Investing Will Become The Investment Trend In 2011
Financial Samurai – Should I Join An Exclusive Sports Club?
Dividend Monk – How Share Repurchases Work
My Journey to Millions – Tell me What to do With my 401(k)
Sweating The Big Stuff – Entertainment Budgets
Wealth Pilgrim – Rollover to Roth 401k….A Good Idea?
Engineer Your Finances – Stocking Up On Household Goods For FREE
Consumerism Commentary – All the Ladies are Interested Now
Free From Broke – Getting Free Premium Cable Channels
Evolutionary Stuff By Darwin
- What Matters Most? Inventing a Product, Making It or Selling It?
- FREE Trades in a Self-Directed IRA. Perfect Timing for Year-End
- Black Swan Investing – Making a Fortune off Rare Events
- Study: 33% Needed Thousands Extra to “Cash-In” Refi – Could You Do It?
- No, We’re Not All Equal…And That’s a Good Thing
- Here’s Why You Can’t Invest in a Hedge Fund
- 7 ETFs That May Benefit from Election and QE2 Results
- 100 FREE Trades with a New IRA Account at OptionsHouse
- New Rare Earth Metals ETF Off to a Running Start
- Go Interview for a New Job – Even if You Don’t Want It. Here’s Why
- Saying Bye-Bye to the Mortgage Interest Deduction?
Stuff I Wrote Everywhere Else:
Money Highway – 3 Crazy Ways People Make Extra Money – And How You Can Too
Carnivals That Featured My Content
Progressive Politics (can you believe I made this one :>)