In a week that saw Pandora’s IPO launch to much fanfare and then come crashing down, there are some legitimate questions around some of the web companies going public now – and whether retail investors are buying into “hope” rather than actual future profit potential. It will be interesting to see if Groupon can even pull off an IPO that would value the company at more than the offer they turned down from Google. And Facebook? Well, they can mint some money, but I’m not sure they can pull off the $100 Billion valuation many are putting on the company. Time will tell, but this week – not a good one for new web IPOs.
Great Reads from the Week:
Burning Platform – Another (and more thorough) Peak Oil Article!
Zero Hedge – Forget “Blood Diamonds”, Here Comes “Conflict Gold”
Retire by 40 – Carless for 3 Months
Financial Highway – Banks Say Goodbye to $16 Billion in Swipe Fees
Seating the Big Stuff – How Do You Determine Which Charities to Donate To?
Len Penzo – Always Pay Yourself First!
My Personal Finance Journey – Financial Pet Peeves
Stuff I Wrote All Over
…And Everywhere Else…
- The Inflation Conspiracy? EAT ME
- Pandora IPO Is Coming – RUN!!!!
- 10 Dow Stocks Yielding over 3% – But How’s the Performance of Dow Dogs?
- High Yield Investments REALLY Passive Income?
- 2 Approaches to Dividend Investing
- Can You Answer These 5 Basic Financial Questions? 90% of Americans Can’t
- 6% Cash-Back Card = $1000/Year Tax Free!
- PEAK OIL. It’s Here. We’re Screwed. [CHART]
Carnivals that Featured My Writing